Go Back   BMW i3 Forum: A BMW i3 Forum > BMW i3: General > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #11

I've received my car, but it is already broken for 2 weeks now. Yesterday BMW called me (finally) with the message that they discovered the root cause. A kind of high voltage distributor is broken. Unfortunately BMW cannot indicate when this piece is available. Another car had the same issue, this guy got the confirmation that it will take 5 weeks for the part to arrive. How many days/ weeks it will take to be installed is unclear.
I still have to wait for my confirmation date. I raised a formal complaint to BMW. Hopefully that will help. So far: big fail....
vb996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #12

Default Failing BMW i service

My car is broken now for more then 3 weeks. Still no sign of a solution. The delivery of the spare part might taken another 5 weeks.
BMW i in Netherlands is not able to inform me pro-actively, and can't keep their promises. Although my official complaint, they didn't contact me nor provided any compensation. The official day where they will inform me shifted again: tomorrow should be the day where I officially will be informed. Fingers crossed if they can keep their promise this time....
So far: BMW i organisation and the reliability of the car itself are far from the level you might expect from BMW..
Old 02-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #13
Administrator

Wow that is terrible news vb996!! Please keep us updated. I hope they can act faster and get your car fixed sooner than later.

Lets hope this isn't going to be a common problem either. Has anyone else heard of this happening?
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:19 AM   #14

Default Car still not repaired

Still waiting for repair, estimated time from now: another 3 weeks.
Good news that BMW finally reacted on my complaints. They are not able to speed up the delivery of spare parts, so I have to wait. They made excuses for their bad communication. They offered me to compensate for the additional cost that I have to make. Unfortunately they are not able to compensate for the fact that I have to wait 6-8 weeks on my car to be repaired. Official statement: In the guarantee conditions/ disclosure it is explicitly mentioned that "consequential damage" will not be compensated. Of course I did not read these conditions before buying the car, so I think that's it.
So I'm still very disappointed by the reliability of BMW, its service network and BMW customer service...
Old 02-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #15
Administrator

I really hope that is the only time you will have to take your BMW i3 in to the shop for your duration of ownership, bad way to leave an impression of a brand new car.

I assume you will still keep the car after it is all fixed up? Are they giving you a loaner car while your i3 is fixed?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #16

Part has finally after 6 weeks delivered. Now some final testing, Monday they will return car to me.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #17
Administrator

How has it all worked out vb996? Have you had anymore issues with the car?