Go Back   BMW i3 Forum: A BMW i3 Forum > BMW i3: General > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #1

Default BMW i3 REX Petrol Consumption

Having done 1,700 miles in the first month of ownership, I thought I would work out my petrol consumption. The car has done two long trips: a holiday of 1,000 miles to the NE/Scotland and a few days in the NW of England last week. Using my phone App., I can see total distance the car has travelled on battery and it means I have done 1,309 miles with the REX running.

The fuel consumption is 51.7 mpg.

I suspect this will be better than many will get with the i3REX because I had been driving gently and using EcoPro+ as much as possible.

The engine is only really audible to a significant level when running at its maximum speed [4,400 revs from what I understand]. Much of the time it has been little more than a hum in the background.

I have studied the charts for the W20 engine operating strategy in the US technical manuals but I have not found anything similar for UK versions. As their engines can only switch on at 6.5% battery state of charge, and in the UK we can manually switch on at 74%, one wonders how the 5 speed curves differ for the UK.
citnuti3
citnuti3 is offline   Reply With Quote