Go Back   BMW i3 Forum: A BMW i3 Forum > BMW i3: General > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #1

Default Beware of software update issues

My i3 REx was 2 years old in April and had its first return to the supplying dealer. It needed replacement engine bolts and a new LKE charge control unit [see separate post] as well as a service.

After the work was completed, the car was handed back with none of the original software settings so, for example, I could not press button 8 to start the charging engine. The navigation screen had also changed: the main navigation screen would not stay on the larger left side of the screen when in split screen mode.

I use the BMW official i3 Forum and made a lengthy comment about these problems and was told: THE DEALER SHOULD DOWNLOAD ALL PERSONAL SETTINGS BEFORE A SOFTWARE UPDATE AND RESTORE THEM AFTER THE SOFTWARE UPDATE.

The split screen issue I could not solve and I went to a different BMW dealer and they discovered that after all these weeks the navigation software update had not closed/signed off or whatever. I have no idea what they did but the navigation screen now stays on the left and can be used fully even when there is additional information about radio etc on the smaller right side of the screen.

citnuti3
citnuti3 is offline   Reply With Quote