Go Back   BMW i3 Forum: A BMW i3 Forum > BMW i3: Main > New Member Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IanS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #1

Default Hi Just joined - UK Cornwall

Been a BMW driver for a while had a couple of E46 M3's one a new CSL (lost only 50% in 7 years and not a single fault)

Drive now a 1 year old 330d Touring - very quick economical 43mpg OA and plenty of Gadgets but its big for the narrow lanes of Cornwall

The last 5 years I've been doing +30k miles per year but now working from home so the i3 looks to be a fun car and better on the narrow Cornwall roads. Plus I can get practically anywhere in Cornwall on a charge.

A little concerned about its claimed value of 31% after 3 years 36k miles I've specified mine at over 42k (I'm gadget mad)

Anyway have one on loan this weekend for a long test to see if we can live with it
IanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #2

Default Test drive - Placed order

Well - Had a REX on a weekends test it had 40 miles on the clock.
First day drove it on Electric power only right down to the 2-3% when the motor started noticed that on climbing hills the motor increased in power as it was now at 0%

Day 2 after a full charge went on a 60 mile journey this time engaged motor at 50% which it maintained went to fill up with petrol and the filler cap would not release (stuck at 80%) so used the emergency opener. Drove the car some more and got a transmission fault but OK to drive message.

Had a good weekend and returned the car with 250 miles on it

Result - Placed Order - Ionic silver - Lodge - All options ticked waiting on delivery confirmation

Interesting my dealer had 4 or 5 i3's ready to deliver but has sold twice as many i8's as i3's and they say Cornwall is the poor County
Chewbakker likes this.
IanS is offline   Reply With Quote