Go Back   BMW i3 Forum: A BMW i3 Forum > BMW i3: News > News, Rumors, and Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
Administrator

Post BMW i3 launch in Sofia

BMW i3 launch in Sofia

The BMW i3 was officially launched in Sofia, Bulgaria. BMWs first electric vehicle went on sale last November in Europe with the U.S. market following in March of this year.

The official ordering guide for the 2014 BMW i3 is now available to the U.S. customers. The base price of the 2014 BMW i3 starts at $41,350 and those looking for the i3 REx (Range Extender) will have to shell out $45,200. Destination and Handling fee is set at $925.

The non-metallic paints, Arravani Grey and Capparis White are standard, but those looking for the metallic colors (Ionic Silver, Solar Orange, Laurel Grey and Andesite Silver) will have to pay $550.

The i3′s electric drive-train generates output of 125 kW/170 hp and peak torque of 250 Newton meters, which is immediately available from a standing start. The BMW i3 sprints from 0 to 60 km/h in 3.7 seconds and from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.2 seconds. Its top speed is limited to 150 km/h for efficiency reasons.

Article Found At: BMW i3 launch in Sofia
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote